Pinned

Translating Commission

Thursday, March 23, 2017

ALIVE's Interview: Let's Sing A Love Song―!!

From: MY★STAR vol.8, 2017

This is the translation of an interview done in a 2D idol magazine regarding the theme of 'love song'.

Pardon for rigid English. Please don't re-post or re-translate without asking for permission.



(Things that I'm not sure whether I understand them right is marked with asterisk (*).)

Let's Sing A Love Song―!!

Side SOARA x Growth


We're having two rival groups of TsukiPro, SOARA and Growth, who had been applying themselves diligently, for a talk about 'love song' ♪
What kind of viewpoint does the two groups, who keeps evolving in each passing days, have in regards to 'love song'?



―― Do you have anything particular in mind whenever you try to make fans 'love' you through performances?

Sora: We got a plain difficult question right from the very start~!

Nozomu: This is where we need to think how we can answer it coolly, isn't it? In that case, it can't be helped, since it's not Sora's specialty.

Sora: Y-you're being rude! Let me tell you, it's not Nozomu-kun's specialty either, okay!?

Nozomu: You're also being rude!

Soushi: The two over there, you're being too noisy even though it's just starting.

Morihito: If you ask, I guess it really is how SOARA is... I guess?

Ren: No, because today we're doing this together with everyone from Growth, Sora-senpai and Nozomu need to do it seriously too!

Kouki: *chuckles* Sora and friends are always full of spirits, it's fun just looking at them.

Mamoru: You're right~ I wonder if I was like that too before.

Kensuke: There's an old man got mixed up here~

Ryouta: I think it's fine to be high in spirits, but... Sora, Nozomu. You need to answer to the question too, okay?

Sora & Nozomu: Y-yes, sir!!

Morihito: Good answer. *laughs*

Ryouta: Well then, shall we answer starting from me? For me, so that fans will come to love me, I think that it's important for me to properly convey the story of the music that Mamoru composed as I sing. We're a unit that sells songs, so we must convey the charm of our songs, right?

Mamoru: Ryou-kun...

Kouki: Aa, I can understand that. First, we need to make them love our songs, then we'll have them love us. I think I'm fine with that kind of order.

Kensuke: Our songs are packed full with our characteristics after all~

Sora: Make them love our songs, then make them love ourselves... huh... so cool!

Nozomu: Hh... someone that sparkles sure speaks sparkly words too, huh.

Ren: Yes, for real... Even though if Nozomu were the one to say it, they'll just sound like some gags...

Nozomu: Right, right... wait, hey!

Soushi: Since we keep feeling this sense of admiration at this sort of tasteful remarks, I suppose we still lack sense of professionalism like what Growth has...

Morihito: Ahaha. But... I think that's SOARA's good point. Like we can't completely act cool even if we try to, or how we don't think about the difficult things, and instead try to leap out at it first. I think that kind of straightness is our distinctive characteristic.

Ren: I agree with what Mori-senpai said! 'It's fun', 'everyone is happy!'. Performing songs that contain a lot of Sora-senpai's straightforward feelings with all of our might, that is SOARA's good point!

Nozomu: When we start singing, we get to enjoy and feeling happy too, and end up getting engrossed~

Morihito: If we're to force ourselves to answer this question... we as members of the group is falling for Sora's songs. We'd like our fans to fall in love with our songs together, I guess?

Soushi: To conclude, I guess that our answer doesn't differ much from Growth's. I guess that's how rival units are.

Kensuke: You're right!

Kouki: ... Mamoru? Sora? Why are you guys getting all silent?

Mamoru: Somehow... the flow of this talk is, it makes me happy, but at the same time embarrassed... I guess?

Sora: That exactly! It's making me feel ill at ease! I'm happy, but I'm also embarrassed! But, love from you guys will keep me to live on!

( unreadable lines )

―― If you are to listen to a love song together with someone that you like, what kind of situation would be your ideal?

Nozomu: Here~! For me, it'll be ocean in the summer! Personally, I want it to be a simple, fun love kinda feel that can make us get excited, like, baaam! Let's burst out in summer ocean! Something like that!

Ren: That's so Nozomu-like. For me, if we're talking about seasons I want it to have autumn feel. In the road covered with fallen leaves, holding hands together... like that... I guess. Uhm... it was all just my imaginations, though...?

Ryouta: Ah, I also like that sort of feel. As we enjoy the silence in a calming atmosphere, we walk together while listening to some comforting music... It'll feel wonderful.

Soushi: For me, I guess it'll be spring. In a room lit by gentle sunlight, drinking coffee together... something like that?

Morihito: I also choose spring. In a place where flowers like sakura blooms, it'll feel nice listening to some gentle love song.

Sora: Sou's and Mori's can naturally be pictured in mind, it's like it can be done shrewd and calculatingly... well, almost.*

Soushi: Don't get jealous over some imaginations. *laughs* And you, what kind of situations do you prefer?

Sora: Me? For me... guess I'd like spring-feel too~? Ah, but, maybe I like summer better~? Autumn... winter... hmm, I don't mind the season! In a room ( unreadable lines )

Kouki: For me, I guess it'll be winter? On a cold day, inside a warm room, while making simple snacks together, with the music playing in the background.

Mamoru: Hh~! Everyone sure is thinking up various situations~ That's nice~ For me... I think it'll be nice to listen to it as we're walking in the town at night where beautiful illumination is being lit up!*

Kensuke: Then you'll feel like doing a live on the road just like that?

Mamoru: Ahaha, I guess I will. Gregorio~ like that.

Ryouta: Suddenly singing out Gregorio on the road, isn't the hurdle a little too high?

―― Please say some kind of 'love messages' to the fans!

Kouki: Thank you for always cheering for us. Without forgetting the feeling of gratitude that we're able to stand where we are now thanks to everyone, we'll do our best so that we can return the supports with a lot of our love.

Mamoru: I'll pack my love into my music notes and lyrics! Please accept my love!

Ryouta: I'll do my best so that I can answer to everyone's smiles. Please watch over us from now on too, okay?

Kensuke: To everyone who cheers for us, lo~ve! I love you all~!

Sora: O, oo... so this is what starlet's power is like! The sparkly words ( unreadable lines )

Sora: I, in any case... Ren-kun! You can go ahead.

Ren: Eeeh!? T, that's sly! .... ... F, for everyone who are cheering for us, I'll also give it my all to send you all my love!

Soushi: We can feel how you are giving it your all *laughs* Yosh, let's keep going.

Nozomu: Everyone~ are you listening to SOARA's songs~!? Those are our love letters! Please keep cheering on us from now on too! Because all the members will return the love double the amount ☆

Soushi: I hear that there are a lot of people who cheers for both Growth and SOARA. I think I'll be happy if you can enjoy each of the group's charms, and in the end fall for me.

Sora: Ooi!

Soushi: Ahaha, please take care of us from now on too, okay?

Morihito: Thank you for always cheering for us. Whenever you feel tired, or when your mood is down, may our song... no, may our love can comfort you, and I think it'll be nice if we can keep creating that kind of music. Please take care of SOARA.

Sora: Everyone had said their pieces, so I won't say anything too detailed! Thank you for the loves! I'll also send them to you with max power, so please accept them! See you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment