Pinned

Translating Commission

Monday, December 05, 2011

Headcanons

Moshi-moshi, minna-tachi!

Okay, so I'm getting tired of being told that my muses aren't canon. Well, yes, they have their OOC moments and all that, but it irks me when the commenters arrange their words as if they're trying to lead us to voice out our muses like what they want -.-

For whatever I care, I voice out my characters based on my headcanons for them.

To quote the definition of headcanons:

From Urban Dictionary:
headcanon
Used by many Hetalia fags to describe something that hasn't yet happened in original canon but has happened in their head.

i.e. Their own personal canon.
My headcanon says that Momma America was Native American actually

From an answer in Yahoo! Answers:
I've never heard of "head canon". That said, Google comes up with "something that hasn't yet happened in original canon but has happened in their head."

Personally I call that "your imagination."

If something's canon, it happens in the original source material. For instance, Harry marrying Ginny is canon. Harry having a torrid love affair with Draco isn't (even though loads of fanfic features it as a plot device).

A good example of 'post regarding headcanon' can be read here.

As for my own example, well, let's check my headcanon for Rasiel.

My headcanon Rasiel has most of his canons in him: he's a prince, Bel's twin brother. He's killed when he was young, so he's supposed to be dead. He's a genius, and able to use Storm Flame. He works for Millefiore, and is a member of the Fake Funeral Wreath.

Or it is implied that he's dead in the manga, but gets revived by Byakuran in the Future Arc.

For this matter, I will borrow a statement from someone: "if Byakuran is capable of to ressurect a dead person like Rasiel, then why he won't just let Uni to get killed? He can just resurrect her up, big deal!"

From that, I gather that Byakuran doesn't have such power. It's either a lie used to to create some imagery that Byakuran is really a god, or a lie to protect someone.

For my headcanon, I use the latter. Below is my theory as to how Rasiel survives in the Future Arc (and it's slightly related with my headcanon for Bel).

After Bel mercilessly killed his twin brother, he murdered everyone else in the castle. His parents, servants, etc. He, however, failed to see that Olgert, which was wounded as well, still alive albeit very bloody due to the injuries inflicted by the young prince. Bel then left. Olgert, alive though having a hard time to walk around, checked every place of the castle. He then found Rasiel is still alive as well, though his heart is beating slowly.

Then this is the part where I insert my Mary Sue-ish character. A princess, a relative of the royal family, visited the castle. She is terrified to find dead bodies littering everywhere, but most relieved when she found Olgert is alive, clutching Rasiel's body and trying to save the prince. This princess is having a power to heal people's injuries (with Sun Flames--yes, Mary Sue), thus he is able to cure Olgert and Rasiel. The princess then invites Olgert and Rasiel to move to her castle so that they can treat the rest of Rasiel's wounds.

Here you go. That explains how Rasiel manage to survive, although Byakuran doesn't have the power to resurrect dead people.

As for how he then decides to work for Millefiore, it will be another lengthy explanation that will be related with my headcanons for the members of the Giglio Nero, and I will surely bore you.

Also, apparently headcanons can be used to refer to 'the unrevealed personality of a character'. I think I recall a mundane saying that her character cares for this B character because it is her headcanon, but my memory might've fail me, so who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment