Pinned

Translating Commission

Friday, February 10, 2017

"ALIVE" Sono 1 Side.G.: さぁ、音楽をはじめよう!

Title: さぁ、音楽をはじめよう! (Come, let the music begins!)
Artist: Growth (Etou Kouki, Yaegashi Kensuke, Sakuraba Ryouta, Fujimura Mamoru) || Toki Shun'ichi, Yamaya Yoshitaka, Yamashita Daiki, Terashima Junta
From "ALIVE" Sono 1 Side.G.

This the translation of drama tracks within Growth's first CD, "ALIVE" Sono 1 Side.G. Feel free to correct me if there are mistakes or a better translation have been done before!

Please don't repost anywhere else!


--

* Parts that I don't quite catch are marked with asterisks.

Mamoru : (relieved sighs) ... It's done...!

Kensuke : It's done, huh~

Ryouta : This... is our song...!

Kouki : Yeah. A song that we made without anything that limit or bind us up...! I'm so glad...

Mamoru : Really? Did I manage to answer your expectation, Kou?

Kouki : Of course! Rather, I'd like to ask, did we manage to properly come to terms with your song or not?*

Ryouta : Right, right. Like, should we pile more harmonies in this part, or like, should we stress more in this part to intensify the atmosphere... we did a lot trial and errors here and there after all...

Kensuke : Because we made it more complicated, are we possibly heading toward unwanted direction?

Mamoru : No, none of that! It's alright! I feel happy that you guys are singing it!

Kensuke : (relieved sighs) Thank goodness~ If you say no to this, we have to fix it from the very start.

Kouki : But of course.

Kensuke : (strained grumble) A demon...! (sighs) Well, like this, we're constructing and fixing it, trying it out and canceling up, I come to understand how fun it feels doing this and that, so if I'm told to do it, I guess I'll give my best to do it, but... Still, since we've been keeping up at it, I'm feeling hungry now...

Ryouta : A... ahh... (falls onto some kind of blankets) ... certainly...

Kouki : I get it. I'll make something to snack on from what we have. (gets up to the kitchen)

Kensuke : As expected of our leader, a cool guy capable of cooking~! Love you!

Kouki : Annoying.

Ryouta : What a quick jab.

Mamoru : Ah, I'll help out with something too! (gets up)

- sounds of Kou preparing in the kitchen -

Mamoru : I'll help out, Kou~ What should I do? Slicing the vegetables? Preparing ingredients?

Kouki : Watch over the pot. Tell me when it's boiling.*

Mamoru : (weak laughs) You totally sound like you don't want to get helped. The difference of you level of trust on me when it comes to music and daily life is very severe.

Kouki : Say that-

Mamoru : I get it, I get! After I don't cause an explosion when making a boiled egg, right? ... Why does it keep exploding without fail when I'm the one making it?

Kouki : That should be my question.

Mamoru : ... Ah, if we're going to participate in the audition, we need to decide on a unit name!

Kouki : I already have an idea on that. After we eat this, I plan to talk about it with Ken and Ryou.

Mamoru : Eh?! Is that so~? What is it, what is it? What kind of name is it?

Kouki : Etou, Yaegashi, Sakuraba. And also, yours, Fujimura. There's something in common in them, right? All of us has the name of trees in our family name.

Mamoru : Ooo-! I see! There are two 'wisteria', one 'evergreen oak', and one 'cherry blossom'.

Kouki : Yeah. Relating to that, with the meaning of 'the growth of trees', how about we use 'Growth' as our unit name? Aside from 'grow', it also has the meaning of 'advancement', 'development', and even 'stretching out'. Taller and taller, to the point that it can even pierces the sky, to the point that it feels there's no boundaries exist, growing big and grasping chances. A name that carries that sort of wish and target in it.

Mamoru : (smiles) That's a naming sense that's so Kou-like. 'Growth', huh? Vivid green leaves growing abundantly. Light filtering through the tree leaves. Mm! The image spreads in my mind! I also think that's a good one!

Kouki : Well then, we'll have to convince the other two, huh?

Mamoru : Right! It's fine, it's fine! All kind of resistance means nothing in front of Kou's dishes!

Kouki : ... You're right. Well then, Mamoru. It's finished now. Next, watch over that microwave oven. Don't touch the buttons.

Mamoru : Uwa~ I'm moving much more than usual~ ... not!! You really don't want to get helped out, huh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment