Pinned

Translating Commission

Thursday, February 09, 2017

"ALIVE" Sono 1 Side.G: 挑戦者 pt.4

Title: 挑戦者 (The Challenger)
Artist: Growth (Etou Kouki, Yaegashi Kensuke, Sakuraba Ryouta, Fujimura Mamoru) || Toki Shun'ichi, Yamaya Yoshitaka, Yamashita Daiki, Terashima Junta
From "ALIVE" Sono 1 Side.G.

This the translation of drama tracks within Growth's first CD, "ALIVE" Sono 1 Side.G. Feel free to correct me if there are mistakes or a better translation have been done before!

Please don't repost anywhere else!


--

* Parts that I don't quite catch are marked with asterisks. 

- sound of crowds -

Kouki : Then, I'll be taking my leave first. (leaves room)

Ryouta : Ah, Kou! There you are!

Kouki : Ryou? And Ken, too... what's wrong? Aren't you supposed to have a shooting in a site...?

Kensuke : Nah, we've finished that...

Ryouta : Kou, have you seen the message?

Kouki : No, I just finished my photoshoot, so... I haven't. What is it?

Ryouta : Please look at this. (hands over a leaflet)

Kouki : (reading) ... This is-?! What does this mean...?!

Kensuke : Nothing, just precisely as what's written there. Tch... darn it! (hits something)

Ryouta : Wha- Ken! It'll be bad if you do that here!

Kouki : ... You're right. Ken, Ryou. Let's go to my house right away.

- shifts to the trio arriving in Kou's apartment -

Mamoru : Ah, welcome back, Kou.

Kensuke & Ryouta : Excuse our intrusion.

Mamoru : Ken and Ryou...! Both of you are also here! Welcome~

Kouki : Sorry for not contacting you first.

Mamoru : Ah, no, I don't mind, but... is there something wrong? Everyone is looking grim...

Kouki : Well, a little... (sighs)

Mamoru : It doesn't feel like the problem is just a little, huh... Erh, anyway, I'll go prepare some tea, okay?

Kouki : Yeah, please.

- shifts to after Mamoru pours them some tea -

Ryouta : (sets cup down) ... I didn't expect that the result will be like this.

Kensuke : Because we didn't know what the result would be, I intended to prepare myself for it, but... this one is way too frank.

Kouki : Yeah... you're right... It's too frank.

Kouki & Kensuke & Ryouta : (sighs)

Mamoru : ... Uhm...

Kouki : Huh?

Mamoru : I'm the only one who doesn't get what's happening here, though...?

Kouki : Ah... sorry. That's right.

Ryouta : Actually, we found this leaflet in our agency office... (hands it over to Mamoru)

Mamoru : Mm? "The birth of a new unit"? "The new star is debuting here"? ... And what's wrong with this?

Kensuke : Our agency usually releases one group per year, letting a unit formed out of members selected from group called as 'Junior' to debut. The three of us are also part of the Junior, and we're referred as the top candidates for the new unit members; that's how our managers have led us up. Of course, we were also told that we won't know the result until the time comes, but we ended up putting up our expectations.

Mamoru : Well, that's true. They even bothered to led you up, so I think usually you have the right to at least cry.* ... Mm? ... Sorry. ... But, if that's the case, then this leaflet is...

Kouki : ... That's how it is. As the final result, we're taken away from the line.* The ones who will have debut are only these two written here. The two who has blood relation to the President...!

Mamoru : Oooops... that's certainly 'too frank', huh. It's what they call 'corruption', right?*

Kensuke : That's how it is. Though, in this world chock full of fakes, connection is also treated as a kind of ability. We don't have any intention to do anything about it, when it already comes to this.

Mamoru : Hoo... everyone is so mature...

Ryouta : What hurts is, there were many units that usually consists of many members, like four or five persons, but it means this year they only group these two... It might means that they want to give strong push to them, but... It doesn't change the fact that the chance has slipped from us. (sighs) I might sound like a poor loser and so not cool, but it would be better if only these two has such a great ability that can convince everyone...

Mamoru : From that way of speaking, they are actually not?

Kensuke : Hm... I've never felt that they've done something great and outstanding. In fact, they often skipped their lessons, and it's well-known among our comrades... (sighs) But, just looking at the result, it doesn't change the fact that we lose to them. Hm, it sure leaves a bad aftertaste...

Mamoru : I see. And so that's why everyone is gathering like this.

Kouki : Yeah, that's how it is.

Ryouta : (sighs) I'm shocked in many ways. It hurts that a chance has slipped from our hands, and I understand that the President has a say in it, but I feel like I can't trust the company and my manager anymore... I don't like that...

Kensuke : Same here. My manager told me that there's something to talk about in the agency tomorrow, but I didn't think that it would be something like 'too bad for you'... What kind of face should I have as I hear the story? The other party must be feeling bad too, things will also feel very sensitive.

Ryouta : The situation will also become more severe, huh... If we can't debut this year, we have to wait until the announcement of next year's new unit, but by then, we'll come to the end of our high school years. Eighteen, huh...

Kouki : A questionable age that's barely acceptable for a Junior. Even the agency will say that the younger ones are easier to push because they have much more time.* The probability of us debuting will fall even lower than this year...

Mamoru : Eeeh?! Is that so?! Though you say 'younger', you guys are also still pretty young! Even so, it's 'barely acceptable'?

Kensuke : It is. The average age of idol is slowly getting lower. Even this year, we were called with lots of names because of our age.* Also, even if we're to wait until next year, there's no telling that another relative of the President or the top brass won't appear like this time. We should think that our chance is getting slimmer.

Ryouta : Our chance keeps getting thinner, and our situation keeps getting more severe, huh...

Mamoru : Haa~~ the entertainment industry is way more harsh than I imagined, huh, Kou...? ... Hm? Kou?

Kouki : I... have always been thinking about it, but... with the result this time, it pushed me to make my decision. Ken, Ryou. I... am going to resign from the agency.

Ryouta : (gasps)

Kensuke : F-for real?! You're serious...?!

Kouki : Yeah, I'm serious. Since long ago, I realized that the direction that I'd like to chase after and the direction that the agency aims for are two different things. You know what kind of personality I have. But they want me to be the typical cheery and easy to get along kind of idol, and as our place often gives us job in that sort of field, I feel constrained as if I'm forced to fit into a mold. Maybe it's better to say that I'm feeling out of place. ... I feel bad for what happened this time, and I won't raise an objection about it, but I felt that it supported my decision. Just staying here and waiting for the given results doesn't suit me at all. I can't just keep waiting for chance. Chance is something that we try to grasp ourselves, even if it's difficult. Isn't that right?

Ryouta : Kou...

Kensuke : That uprightness is Kou's distinctive characteristic, huh? By the way, have you decided on which agency that you'll head to?

Kouki : Nope.

Kensuke : Oi, oi! Is that okay for you to be that upright?!

Ryouta : Hm... if you're going to transfer, the fact that our agency has a big name causes a disadvantage instead, huh... small companies wouldn't want to cause a problem after all, and they would feel reluctant to get affected with it...* While if it's a big company, there will be many new recruits already...

Kouki : About that... I'm thinking of joining an audition.

Kensuke & Ryouta & Mamoru : Audition?

Kouki : Yeah. Just like what Ryou said, even though I have a background, it's not guaranteed that it'll give me plus scores. Beside, just by transferring to another agency doesn't mean that I'll definitely be able to debut. In that case, it's better to try turn in a brand new condition by finding an audition that promised a debut right from the very start.

Kensuke : I see. You got a point there. If it's a fair competition of abilities, I don't feel that we can lose so easily. We got basic of dance, singing, and acting hammered into us by our current agency after all.

Ryouta : You're right. Beside, if we find an audition where we can debut as a unit, we might be able to debut together, the three of us.

Kouki : 'The three of us'?

Ryouta : Right, the three of us. Hm? Could it be that we aren't included in what Kou was saying? I intended for us to stay together, since we've come so far.

Kensuke : Me, too. I even meant to tell about it in the talk tomorrow.

Kouki : Ha... no, I do think that it's better that way, but I don't intend to get you guys dragged into a path that has no guarantee yet...

Kensuke : Oi, oi! Kou, we don't have any intention to get dragged. Or should I say, making this kind of big choice, and yet you don't expect anything out of us? Listen now. This is the result of our own thinking and the path that we've chose. Even if by any chance it doesn't go well, we won't blame Kou or anyone else. Right? Ryou.

Ryouta : That's how it is. And also, I'm sorry that I'm being calculative, rather than doing it all alone, I think that doing it with the three of us will help making it even more stand out, and make the chance of success higher. (chuckles)

Kouki : We are going to appear in a competition. There's nothing bad about being calculative. ... I see, so there's that way of thinking too.

Kensuke : Yosh, then we've made a conclusion! Then, shall we put it into action right away? Let's find an audtion that suits the requirements!

Mamoru : Ah, me, me! In that case, I know a good audition! (grins) I didn't think that the result of reading the job offer magazine every day will come out at this kind of occasion~ Here, look at this. It's a magazine for part-time job offers, but there's something interesting on the back cover!

Kouki : TsukiPro... Music Grand Prix?

Kensuke : Hee... so TsukiPro is holding an audition?

Mamoru : It seems so. Even for someone poorly informed about entertainment world like me, I at least know Tsukino Talent Production's name, so it must be a big agency, right? In that case, I think there won't be a problem about agency influence like what you were discussing earlier. And while I'm at it, here, it's clearly written here that the graded winners will be able to debut.

Ryouta : Hee... not bad.

Kouki : Moreover, group participation is also allowed... it's everything that we sought for, it's almost as if it's been intentionally planned so. Ken, Ryou. How about it? I want to debut together with both of you. I've always been thinking that I want to sing together with you. Shall we take up this audition?

Kensuke : I think it's fine. Let's do it.

Ryouta : I also don't have any objection. Let's do our best, the three of us.

Kouki : I see. What's next is, Mamoru. I'm asking you, too!

Mamoru : Ou! Leave it to me! ... wait, huh? What do you mean, me, too?

Kensuke : Don't ask after you give him a reply.

Kouki : You've read the requirements to participate in this audition, right? We need to have an original composition. Mamoru, do you not want to create a song for us?

Mamoru : Yes?

Kouki : I want your song, which is full of unique view of the world. It has a novel feeling, something that has never existed before. What I wanted, what I've been searching for, is that kind of new challenge!* I think that we'll be able to aim for the top spot if it's your song!

Mamoru : ... Kou...

Ryouta : Agreed. I also think the same. Mamoru's song has a power that draws people in, after all.

Kensuke : I also agree. I feel that Mamoru's song is worthy to sing. Or should I say, I actually think that they'll be hard to sing, so I'm already imagining myself practicing hard at it.

Ryouta : (chuckles) Me, too.

Mamoru : Both of you...

Kouki : Mamoru. How about it?

Mamoru : ... This is the first time I've been needed by others like this... hm... Un! No problem! Leave it to me! I also want to compose songs for Kou and friends! I'll make a super incredible song!

Kouki : Is that so... thank you.

Mamoru : (chuckles) I'm glad I can be helpful! After all, I'm someone that Kou picked up. Feel free to use me for other things too!

Ryouta : Feel free, huh? Hey, Kou.

Kouki : Hm?

Ryouta : Since he'd said it, how about we have Mamoru sing, too?

Mamoru : E?

Kensuke : Oh! That sounds nice! I don't think it'll be bad if it's just the three of us, but it's a new start! Isn't it fine, like we're going with something even more new? Kou, what do you think?

Kouki : Mamoru also joining as a member unit, huh? It might be a good idea. The impact of Mamoru's song will intensify all the more if it has more harmony!

Mamoru : Ooo... you guys are really starting to mercilessly using me... Big Bro is shocked... Aa, uhm, but, I've never studied how to sing properly or anything like that! ... Aa, I also never studied how to compose song, so it might sound a little too late to say that, but...

Kouki : You're right. It's too late. But because it's too late, stop saying something unimportant and prepare yourself. Don't worry, as far as I know when you hummed a tune, I believe your voice isn't too bad. You also have a good sense of rhythm. You're in a level where it's fine to hammer things into you.

Mamoru : Hammer-... (sighs) P-please don't be too hard on me...

Kensuke : Nicely said, Mamoru! (slaps Mamoru's back)

Mamoru : Whoa-

Kensuke : Yosh, we've got our new member, and now I'm getting more motivated!

Ryouta : You're right. Let's do our best and aim to win TsukiPro Music Grand Prix!

Kouki : This is where we'll start. In a new place, with a new power. As challengers, let's open up our path. Let's do this!

All: Ooo-!

1 comment: