Pinned

Translating Commission

Wednesday, February 08, 2017

"ALIVE" Sono 1 Side.G: 挑戦者 pt.3

Title: 挑戦者 (The Challenger)
Artist: Growth (Etou Kouki, Yaegashi Kensuke, Sakuraba Ryouta, Fujimura Mamoru) || Toki Shun'ichi, Yamaya Yoshitaka, Yamashita Daiki, Terashima Junta
From "ALIVE" Sono 1 Side.G.

This the translation of drama tracks within Growth's first CD, "ALIVE" Sono 1 Side.G. Feel free to correct me if there are mistakes or a better translation have been done before!

Please don't repost anywhere else!


--

* Parts that I don't quite catch are marked with asterisks. 

- sound of crowds -

Kouki : ... and that's why, right now there's someone else who live with me in the house, so...

Kensuke Ryouta : EEEEH!?

Ryouta : Did you really let that guy freeload in your place?!

Kouki : Yeah.

Kensuke : Wha- are you sure that's okay?

Kouki : I got a copy of his ID card, including the content behind.* I had to ask the help of my landlord for the matter after all...*

Kensuke : O-oh... that's the only part that suddenly feels realistic. As expected of Kou-sama.

Ryouta : B-but! That's not enough to prove that it's safe to have that guy around! Is it really alright? You've lived with him for three days now, huh?

Kensuke : That's right! If by any chance there's any dangerous information leaked out, what will you do?

Kouki : I don't have anything in the house that would be bad if it's getting seen.

Ryouta : Mmh, certainly, Kou's the type who takes proper caution for that sort of thing, but... it's pretty rare, isn't it? For Kou to pick something up...

Kouki : Because... I've never heard of it...

Ryouta : ... Eh?

Kouki : The song that he created. To be honest, I felt mortified. He said it was an impromptu, but to be able to create something that can attract people like that... I didn't believe that someone like that could've existed. That's why... I feel reluctant to let him go. That's all.

Kensuke : ... A song that can attract people... huh...

Ryouta : Since long ago, Kou sure has a sharp sense when it comes to finding that kind of talent, huh. Something like, eyes that can judge someone's value well...* but if that's the case, I think he must be someone with a great talent, but... this time it really makes me worried.

Kensuke : It sure does, huh? Sometimes we can't tell whether Kou is having a grip or is actually not...

Kouki : I can at least tell whether someone is dangerous or not.

Kensuke : I wonder about that... As the best friend who knows that Kou-sama, who looks cool at the first glance, is actually very sympathetic, I sure am worried.

Ryouta : We sure are, huh.

Kouki : It'll be fine if it's Mamoru. His atmosphere is similar to the dog that I used to have as a pet.

Ryouta : Mmh!? That's not the problem here, though...!

Kensuke : ... (clap hands) Yosh, I've decided! I'll go to Kou's place to check!

Ryouta : Mm, you're right. I want to confirm whether that guy can really be trusted, so I'll go too.

Kouki : Huh?!

Ryouta : Hmm, when will the three of us have an off-day together? If I remember right, Kou, you said that you have the whole day off tomorrow, right?

Kouki : Yeah, that's right...?

Ryouta : Then, tomorrow. We'll have a visit right away. Ken and I happened to have the day off too.

Kouki : No- it's not a problem to have you guys visiting, but, even if you guys don't check on him-

Ryouta : No can't do. If you say that it's not okay to come on that day, then I'll come until you say it's fine to visit.

Kensuke : Right, right! That being said, we'll see you tomorrow!

Ryouta : By the way, Kou doesn't have any right to refuse. Well then, I have another plan after this, so bye for now.

Kensuke : See you again, Kou!

- sound of footsteps walking away -

Kouki : Ken...! Ryou...! ... (sighs) Geez, why did it end up like this...?

- switches to the next day -

Ryouta : ... I see. So you're Kou's freeloader?

Mamoru : (laughs) Hello, nice to meet you, good day! It's Mamoru. Fujimura Mamoru. I'm twenty years old.

Kensuke : Geh- someone older!?

Mamoru : That's right! I'm older and jobless! (sparkles)

Kensuke : Where did that smug look came from?

Ryouta : ... I see. Twenty years old, jobless, and as the result of nearly collapsing, you're freeloading...

Mamoru : Ah... to be told that with serious tone makes my heart ache... I'm sorry... that I'm an useless adult...

Kouki : You guys are playing together right away? Here, I poured some coffee. Ken is fine with black, right? (sets down cups of coffee)

Kensuke : Thanks.

Ryouta : Thank you, Kou.

Mamoru : Ah, pour a lot of sugar and milk for me!

Kouki : I know. Here. (sets the cup for Mamoru)

Mamoru : As expected of Kou! Thank you.

Ryouta : (jots down on a note) 'A bit of a sweet-tooth'...

Mamoru : Eh-? What? Why am I getting noted down?

Ryouta : The teacher's grading book that's fun to read.

Mamoru : It's definitely not something fun!! ... Erh, Kou? Can I have these two introduced to me now?

Kouki : Ah, you're right. This one is Ryou, and this one is Ken.

Kensuke : It's Yaegashi Kensuke. Nice to know you.

Ryouta : Sakuraba Ryouta. Whether it's nice to know you or not, let me try making sure of it for a little longer.

Mamoru : Ryouta-kun is pretty strict on me since earlier...! No, it's the right reaction, I think, but... hm? Ryou, and Ken...? Kou, could it be, these two are also celebrities...?

Kouki : Yeah. These two have always been having activities together with me as juniors from the same generation.

Mamoru : Hee~ so that's how it is! Now that you say it, I feel that I've seen your face somewhere...! I see! That's why you two are good friends with Kou! In that case, once again, nice to meet you! Ryouta-kun! Kensuke-kun! (holds out hand, but isn't welcomed) ... Mm, huh? I can't have a handshake?

Ryouta : I'm in the middle of observing you to ascertain your worth, after all. I believe that an adult like you can understand that it's only appropriate for one to be on their guard in that sort of occasion.

Mamoru : Ah... yes... you are very correct... ah, Ryouta-kun, at least can you drop the formalities, please? It makes me nervous...

Kouki : How weak.

Mamoru : Yeah, my bad!! To have someone good-looking staring at me with such a serious look is pretty scary!!!

Ryouta : (clears throat) Well then, first, I'd like to ask you a lot of things, may-... can I?

Mamoru : Ah, an interrogation, huh? Yes, by all means.

Ryouta : Then, Mamoru-san...

Mamoru : Ah, just Mamoru, please.

Ryouta : I understand. Then, Mamoru. What are you doing in this house right now?

Mamoru : ... Eh? What, you ask...

Kensuke : Like cleaning or doing laundries... your share of household chores. Mm, your role in the house? You must be doing something, right?

Mamoru : Ah... uhm... I did intend to do something... but...

Ryouta : ... 'But'?

Mamoru : Kou told me to not do it...

Kensuke : Eh-? Kou, what does he mean?

Kouki : At first, I did let him try to do it, as a result, he could do nothing but destroy things. When he tried to wash the dishes, he broke half of them. When he tried to do laundries, he made them shrink.

Mamoru : (awkward laughs) As expected of Kou-kun! He sure has a lot of clothes made of expensive materials! It's not suitable for my brutish style of washing, or I should say it just doesn't meet well... erh, I'm sorry.

Kouki : When he tried to cook, he almost set the house in fire.

Mamoru : Even though I was using IH cooking heater that doesn't use fire... it's impressive in itself, right? ... sorry.

Kouki : That's why, it's faster and better if I'm the one who do it.

Kensuke : Wait a second! If that's the case... could it be... you're really... eating for free...?

Ryouta : Jobless both outside and inside the house...

Mamoru : That's too accurate of a description that I have no way to refute... Aah, but, but! I'm getting better at making coffee and tea! Ah, also, I stopped failing at filling the bathtub with water!

Ryouta : Hee... I see...

Kensuke : Hey, Kou.

Kouki : Hm?

Kensuke : Really, why did you decide to pick up this guy?

Mamoru : Eh-?!

Ryouta : Hm, if it were me, I would've put this guy back to where he was before.

Mamoru : Eh??!! K-Kou...! I'm reaping what I show, but I'm in a pinch! Help!

Kouki : (sigh) At the very least, when I decided to let him live here, I asked him for a bargaining. He keeps doing what I requested from him.

Kensuke : Ah, is that so? That's the substitute for the pay rent? Just what did you request him?

Kouki : Composing songs. I said that he can make good songs, right? That's why right now, he's making many kind of songs.

Ryouta : Songs?

Kouki : Yeah. Music that only he can make, I'm thinking that I'd like to hear more and more of it. That's why, I asked him to make me songs. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with them, but he keeps giving me a piece every day.

Kensuke : A piece a day?! That's awesome!

Ryouta : Certainly...

Kouki : Also, it's not a rough piece, though sometimes there's that kind of piece too, but all of them has a nice feel about them. Anyway, just listening to them will make you think that they're interesting, to the point that it's such a waste that I'm the only one listening to them.

Kensuke : Hm... song that can make Kou say as much about it... makes me want to hear it.

Mamoru : Huh?

Ryouta : You're right. I'm interested in it too. Kou is the stoic type who is harsh on himself and others, so I'd like to hear if it's really such a great music, that even Kou could be charmed like this. Please tell us about it.

Mamoru : Oooh!! Ever since they came here, finally there are some warmth in the way these two are looking at me...!

Kouki : Good for you, eh, Mamoru? You can see a path for you to live on just a little clearer now.

Mamoru : (laughs) Thank you, Kou! Yosh, then I need to do my best! Please wait for a bit, Mamoru-san's mini performance will start soon! I'll show you what an adult can really do!

- Mamoru sits in front of his keyboard and starts playing music -

Mamoru : ... Doya-!

- silence -

Mamoru : ... If you guys are getting silent like that, it makes me all the more nervous... u-uhm, Ken? Ryou? What do you think?

Kensuke : ... Awesome...

Mamoru : Eh?

Kensuke : That was awesome, Mamoru! You can really make an awesome song, huh! You, so you're not just an ordinary NEET, huh! I'll take back what I said!

Mamoru : Taking back what you said... but you've never called me NEET before?! Maybe that's what you said inside your head, so I think it would be better if you don't bother saying it for real!

Ryouta : Now, now... but, I'm convinced now. If you're made to listen this level of songs many times, certainly it would feel too precious to let him go.

Kouki : That's what I've been telling you guys for so many times, right?

Ryouta : (chuckles) Sorry, sorry. It's because Kou said that you picked him up in a back alley.

Kensuke : Yeah, it's a matter of course for us to think that he's suspicious. You also said that he resembled the dog you used to kept...

Mamoru : Yes?! ... Kou said something like that? I'm a dog, huh...

Kouki : Don't you think you resembled one? You're friendly to people, maybe like a Golden Retriever that's a little bit of a blockhead?

Mamoru : A blockhead... if you're going to say that, then Kou is just like a Siberian Husky!

Kouki : Husky...?

Kensuke : (stifled laughs) Certainly, he resembled one!

Kouki : No, I don't.

Kensuke : Nope, you do. Hm, Mamoru! Nice choice!

Mamoru : Right~?

Kouki : You guys are such a...

- time shifts after they're laughing together -

Ryouta : (sighs) That was fun... then, Kou. We'll be going home now. Thank you for the coffee.

Kouki : Yeah.

Kensuke : Sorry for staying over until so late.

Kouki : Nah, it was fun. You said that you need to be up early tomorrow, huh? Have a nice rest.

Ryouta : You, too, Kou.

Kouki : Yeah.

Kensuke : See you, Mamoru. Go learn to cook properly even just a little!

Ryouta : Next time I'll bring over a cooking book that is easy to understand.

Mamoru : (laughs) Thank you. Then I'll wait while making a song for the both of you.

Ryouta : We'll be looking forward to it. I'm glad that I can talk with Mamoru today. I'm relieved now. Mamoru, please take care of Kou, okay?

Mamoru : Eh?

Kensuke : Right, right! Make sure you look out on Kou so he won't strain himself too much.

Ryouta : That's right. Kou is really stoic, or should I say, too harsh on himself... so he tends to put too much effort in things.

Kouki : Ken, Ryou... I don't really...

Mamoru : ... (laughs) I feel that I understand. Roger! Leave it me!

Kouki : Mamoru...!

Kensuke : Bye then!

Ryouta : See you again, Mamoru.

- door closing -

Kouki : Good grief... they said what they want until the very end...

Mamoru : That's because they really think dearly of you, Kou.

Kouki : I know. I also feel grateful for it. But I also think that they're a little too much of a worrywart...

Mamoru : (chuckles) I feel that I understand why they would get worried. Kou sure has a grip on himself, but sometimes he's also a little too loose...

Kouki : Mamoru?

Mamoru : Eh- ah... nah, nothing! I'm just thinking that you have good friends.

Kouki : Yeah... you're right.

Mamoru : Yosh! I also need to learn from those two and treat Kou with ultra care! After all, you're the master of the dog me!

Kouki : What's with that...

Mamoru : To start, I'll make the breakfast tomorrow! Waking up in a refreshing morning with my colorful handmade cooking! Hm~ it's a perfect moning~

Kouki : No, sorry to say, but I'll decline the offer. If I get a stomachache since early in the morning, it'll affect my job.

Mamoru : Ooi-!! You sound really cautious about me...! I think that it's okay to put a little more faith in Big Bro here~?

Kouki : Say that after you don't cause an explosion when making a boiled egg.

Mamoru : Eeh~

Continued on: "ALIVE" Sono 1 Side.G: 挑戦者 pt.4

1 comment:

  1. Adoro tus traducciones... esperaré por el pt. 4 :3 gracias por los anteriores <3 son hermosos <3

    ReplyDelete