Pinned

Translating Commission

Thursday, December 22, 2016

ALIVE's Gift Interview

From: MY★STAR vol.7, 2016

This is the translation of an questionnaire done in a 2D idol magazine, trying to reveal how members of the two ALIVE units, SOARA and Growth, think about their ideal 'gifts'.

Pardon for rigid English. Please don't re-post or re-translate without asking for permission.



(Things that I'm not sure whether I understand them right is marked with asterisk (*).)

What's your idea of a 'gift'?

Emergency Questionnaire!


We carried out an emergency questionnaire regarding gifts with members of SOARA and Growth! We sent them direct questions about things that people feel curious about, like people who they want to send gifts to, or the kind of gifts that they'll be happy to receive ♥ We also had the two in charge of composing songs for their units commenting about the new series ♪



Q1. Who is the number 1 person that you'd like to send 'gift' to now?


Sora: My family, who had always been supporting me, and everyone in SOARA.
Morihito: Our agency's staffs, who had been helping us this whole year.
Soushi: Family.
Ren: There are so many that I feel at a loss on who to choose, but... maybe Sora-senpai? He had always been making great songs for us, so I'd like to give him something in return.
Nozomu: I'll give cleaning tools to Ren! Then, I want him to clean up my room~

Kouki: The fans who had always been supporting us.
Kensuke: I want to send a gift to myself, a reward having working hard this whole year too. *laughs*
Ryouta: Mamoru. Thank you for making a lot of songs this year too.
Mamoru: Everyone in Growth. I'll sing for them, the "Thank You For Always Taking Care of Me" song ♪

Q2. Do you prepare surprises when handing your gift?


Sora: Surprises are fun, right!? I love giving and receiving it~!
Morihito: I'm the type who plans for it. Sometimes I planned it way too carefully that people don't realize that it's supposed to be a surprise.
Soushi: I don't really do it.
Ren: I tried to do it once, but it was quickly found out. Guess I was acting way too suspicious... *laughs*
Nozomu: I do, I do~! I do it grandly~!

Kouki: I've never tried to prepare a surprise, so I'm thinking of trying it out next time.
Kensuke: Though I didn't intend it to be a surprise, sometimes it ends up being a surprise anyway.
Ryouta: It... feels a little different from surprise, but I like handing presents casually.
Mamoru: The other day I tried it, I was found out by Ryou-kun~ *sobs*

Q3. What kind of gift will make you happy when receiving it?


Sora: I'm always happy to receive anything, but I like reading letters written wholeheartedly over and over!
Morihito: It makes me happy the most to know that the sender chose it while thinking about me.
Soushi: Something practical.
Ren: Maybe... something that'll feel nice to touch?
Nozomu: Hm~ sweets! I always received them from a lot of people!

Kouki: I was so pleased with the high grade rice cooker that I received before. I still cherishes it even now.
Kensuke: If it's something from this season, then it'll be a box of oranges! It'll raise my spirits!
Ryouta: Something practical!
Mamoru: Kou-kun's cookings! Freshly made!

Q4. If you're to present end-year gift to someone who have been helping you throughout the year, what would it be?


Sora: I'm trying to match it with the person. If it's a certain leader of our senior unit, maybe it'll be a set of coffee. *laughs*
Morihito: I've yet to send an end-year gift all by myself, but I think it's pretty standard to send food items.
Soushi: Things that wouldn't affect one's personal taste.
Ren: I want to send them fruits or sweets.
Nozomu: Crabbity crab!

Kouki: I'd like to choose and send out teas that may match the person.
Kensuke: 'Outstanding' ranked oranges,
Ryouta: Relaxation items like bath powders.
Mamoru: I want it to be something a little peculiar, something that you can't find in normal gift shops.

Q5. As an idol, what's the best gift that you can offer to your fans?


Sora: Guess it'll be music for me! I'll pack it full with feel of youth!
Morihito: I'll put my feeling of gratitude for supporting us into our music!
Soushi: Maybe the passionate feeling as we raise the hype? Please do come to our live concerts.
Ren: I want them to smile a lot, so I'll also send them a lot of smiles!
Nozomu: Charismatic smile~ twinkles! ☆

Kouki: A place where we can have fun together.
Kensuke: Love, hope, and dream!
Ryouta: An intermediary from ordinary to extraordinary life.
Mamoru: Music and a view of the world that creates that music.



(Release information about ALIVE's X Lied and unit songs.)

We received enthusiastic comments from the two in charge of composing songs for their units!


SOARA - Oohara Sora
This year we get to sing solos too, so I'm going to create songs that can draws out each member's characteristics and send to our fans SOARA that have been powered up even more, like, ta-dah! I'll do my best! Ta-dah!

Growth - Fujimura Mamoru
I want to create songs that are just Growth-like, healing and is illusionary. I'd like to expand the world view that I've created so far all the more. That's my target. Please support us this year too!

No comments:

Post a Comment