Pinned

Translating Commission

Friday, August 18, 2017

Backstage Party ver. Black cross talk (p.42~44)

From: Backstage Party Ver. BLACK

This is the translation of an 'interview' done in a TsukiSta's official fanbook, Backstage Party Ver. BLACK., which spreads from p.42~44.

Pardon for rigid English. Please don't re-post or re-translate without asking for permission.

Half of this is translated by Tiffany (@Tiff_Tiff04 at Twitter). Thank you!



6shot Cross Talk

The theme of the fanbook's photoshoot is 'living together'. And so we ask the members questions related to living together!


・ Out of the six of you, whose private life you can't really imagine about?


Yamazaki: The answer's gotta be Ryuu, right? Since he always go home straight after practice.

Nakada: Really? I think there are instances where we can see clearly how Ryuu is in his private life. (laughs)

Kiyama: For me, its’s Men-san (Menjou)!

Nakada: As for Men-chan, there's actually a gap between how he looks and what he likes. Like how he has a taste for "Japanese style" stuff.

Menjou: Yeah, I like tatami mats and the likes.

Nakada: And because I know that taste of yours, on the contrary, I can really imagine what kind of lifestyle you have.

Yamazaki: The one whose private life we can most easily imagine is Tatsuki-kun, right? Since we often heard that he's cooking for himself.

Jounin: Though lately I just keep cooking yaki udon.

Menjou: Eh, is that because you like it so much? (laughs)

Jounin: Yeah. I can even eat it every day.

Yamazaki: You've been saying that you're addicted to yaki udon since around last December, right?

Yokoo: That's no good. You're going to ruin your health.

Jounin: No, I mean, I'm still eating other foods too. (laughs)

Menjou: By the way, I heard that Tatsuki and Taiki often came in and out of each other's house...

Yamazaki: We're not just coming in and out of each other's house. (laughs)

Jounin: You came to my house, like, what, twice?

Menjou: Is that so? Is there anyone else here who had ever visited a fellow member's house?

Yamazaki: I once went as far as the outside of Lui-kun's house!

Nakada: Just until the outside? (laughs)

Yokoo: I lent my bicycle to you, right?

Kiyama: I'm actually a bit interested in Lui-kun’s home.

Jounin: He's particular about stuffs, so it seems like it'll be an interesting place, right?

Nakada: Yeah. He looks like he'll be very hospitable. But it looks like he'll talk forever if he starts talking over beer. (laughs)

Menjou: Lui-kun is usually always so stylish, so I imagine he has great preferences when it comes to room interiors and the likes.

Yokoo: Preferences, huh... a preference... ah, my house doesn’t have fluorescent lamps.

Nakada: ... eh? Really!?

Jounin: You mean your house use indirect lighting?

Yokoo: Yeah. I can’t concentrate if I use fluorescent lamp.

Nakada: Certainly, indirect lighting also gives a warmer impression. (To Menjou) You're using candle lights, right?

All: Hahahahahahaha!

Menjou: Why does it comes down to that! Liking "Japanese styled" stuffs doesn't mean I'm going that far. (laughs) Ryuu, how is your room is like?

Kiyama: There's nothing special about my room. It's just a room for sleep. I still have a study desk though.

Nakada: He~! I'm kind of envious to hear people still having such adorable story about them like that!

Menjou: Eh? I also have a study desk at home. Usually, if we're to go back to our own family house, it would still be there, right?

(The other members were nodding and agreeing to Menjou.)

Nakada: You’re joking, right!? When I returned to my family home before, all of my stuffs that I had when I was still a student had gone, you know? (laughs)

Jounin: It just means that Hiroki-kun's family is an exception. (laughs)

・ Who would be in charge of what, if all of you were to live together?


Nakada: The one in charge of cooking will definitely be me and Tatsuki!

Menjou: Then I'll be the one to take out the trashes!

Kiyama: I'll do the laundries!

Yokoo: I’ll....do whatever I want. (laughs)

All: Hahahahahahaha!

Kiyama: That’s the most comfortable position. (laughs) But, even though he's saying that, seems like Lui-kun will help out with many things. Like helping in cleaning the place when needed.

Yamazaki: I'll cook the rice. This job is pretty important after all!

Kiyama: You'll probably just use pre-washed rice, right? (laughs)

Nakada: That'll be too easy. (laughs)

Yamazaki: No, no, I'll make sure to wash the rice. (laughs) I'll prepare it to suit everyone's preference of hardness!

Menjou: I like the rice hard.

Kiyama: I’m the opposite. I prefer it soft!

Nakada: Eh~ Rice is most delicious if it's hard, you know~

Kiyama: You’re joking, right!? Then, living together is impossible for us. I can’t live with people who like hard rice. (laughs)

Yokoo: We can just use two rice cooker, right?

Jounin: That’s true. (laughs) But even all of you say hard or soft rice, each of you has slight differences in taste, right?

Nakada: Right. The one I like the most is the one I had in my grandma's place. I like it a bit soft!

Menjou: Eh~ my grandma cooks hard rice though.

Jounin: Wait... why are we using the rice cooked in our grandma's place as the standard? (laughs) Besides, I can't imagine it at all! (laughs)

Nakada: This is just my speculation, but if grandma cooked rice, she probably can eat up all of it one day. That's why, if she doesn't make the rice fluffy, it'll get crisp and won't last long, right?

Menjou: I see~

Kiyama: ... hey, where is this topic drifting off to?

Nakada: Sorry, sorry, I tried to wrap it up but I couldn't do it well. (laughs) But living with everyone seems fun. We can have a lot these kind of conversations.

Yokoo: What are you talking about all of a sudden!? Did you have a hard time?

Nakada: Ah, that’s not what I meant (laughs). I meant even if I were to have a tough day of practices, if you guys are there when I go home, I think it'll cheer me up.

Kiyama: Hiroki-kun gets lonely easily after all. In that sense, you might be suited in living together with someone more than anyone else here.

・ What would be your "iron law" -- something that you definitely won't forgive even if it's done by your comrades?


Jounin: For me, I definitely don't want anyone to disturb my sleep!

Nakada: No one here would like that either. (laughs)

Jounin: But there's someone who will interfere anyway. And that someone is Yamazaki Taiki. Whenever I'm trying to sleep, he would often wake me up. I would close my eyes, and a few minutes after, he would ask, "Tatsuki-kun, you're still awake?" (laughs)

Yamazaki: (laughs) That was because, even though I'm the type who can sleep whenever and wherever I want, Tatsuki-kun probably has difficulties falling asleep because I'm with him, so I was asking out of concern...

Jounin: What a lie~ When it was around 6 AM and I thought you finally quiet down, I was calling your name like, "Taiki~", but it turned out you're already fast asleep! (laughs)

All: Hahahahahahaha!

Kiyama: It must be something like, "I want someone else to stay awake until I fall asleep". (laughs)

Jounin: Though tanks to that, I couldn't sleep at all. (laughs)

Yokoo: On the contrary, how is everyone when waking up?

Kiyama: Right now it's just normal, but before, it was so bad.

Nakada: For Men-chan, rather than waking up, it seems the bad one is his sleeping posture. Though it's just my wild imagination. (laughs)

Menjou: I wonder what would you call my case. When I can't move, I would be like this... (crossing arms in front of chest)

Kiyama: Tutankhamun*? (* An Egyptian Pharaoh, probably referring to the shape of his coffin)

All: Hahahahahahaha!

Nakada: Why would Tutankhamun cross your mind! (laughs)

Menjou: Well, it's fine, just call it Tutankhamun pose. (laughs) So it's either I sleep without moving in the slightest in that pose, or like when a friend came to sleep over at my place the other day, he heard a loud noise from my room, and when he came to check it out, it turned out I was moving my arms and legs so noisily.

Nakada: Just what kind of dream were you having? Also, a law that I won't forgive if anyone dares to break it is about the toilet. You must sit down if you're going to use it.

All: (nodding in agreement)

Yokoo: Who would be in charge of cleaning up the toilet?

Menjou: I think we didn't talk about it in the previous topic, so I don't mind doing it. Since I believed in Toilet God.

Others: ???

Menjou: I grew up with my parents telling me about it since I was little, that there's a god called Ususama Myouou* in toilets. That's why, our family has a custome in which if we're using the toilet, we have to clean it up each time while chanting "on kurodanau unjaku sowaka, Ususama Myouou-sama, thank you very much". (* Also called Ucchusma, a deity in Buddhism)

Others: He~!

Kiyama: That means, for example, even if you were in the middle of watching TV and went for a toilet break, you're definitely going to do it?

Menjou: Of course. It's not something that take too much time. (laughs) We can wipe the toilet in a flash, right? Besides, we're only chanting the spell in mind, no need to actually voice it out.

Jounin: I see. By the way, is that limited to the toilets in your own home? Or are you doing it in public toilets too?

Menjou: I definitely do it in the theater's toilets too.

Kiyama: Is that so. ... Then, is there anyone else who has something that you don't want people to do it?

Yamazaki: You must clean up your own stuffs!

Yokoo: I want the rooms to stay fragrant! Ah, that's right, are you guys okay with people going nude? Is there anyone here who likes going nude?

Menjou: I like going nude!

Jounin: I think I don't really mind.

Kiyama: Though you say going nude, you definitely will at least put on underwear, right? If you don't, it'll be a little unsightly. (laughs)

Menjou: I actually often wear nothing at home. But it can't be helped. I put my underwear in the drawer under my bed, so I have to go all the way to my bedroom to take it.

Kiyama: No, you can just prepare it first, right?

Menjou: No, no, I don't have the time for that! When I think that I want to take a bath, I would like to soak in the bath right away!

Jounin: You're going too faithful with your instinct!

All: (roars in laughter)

・ What would you choose if you're to keep a pet together?


Yokoo: We had a photoshoot together with a rabbit, but it was much smaller than I thought, which surprised me.

Nakada: Really? My family kept 2 rabbits, so I wasn't really surprised.

Yamazaki: Your family kept rabbits!?

Nakada: Yeah, because my mother loves it so much. But, it's difficult since we let them roam freely inside the house and they're always nibbling at the electric cords.

Yokoo: Ah, so that's why you always nibble at something...

Nakada: Eh, me!? Stop it with that sort of lies please. (laughs) But you see, my Chinese zodiac is Rabbit, and "Tsukiuta." also has rabbits in it, right!? That's why I felt like destiny leads me here.

Yamazaki: That certainly sounds like it has something to do with fate. Then, back to the topic, what should we have if we're going to keep a pet together?

Menjou & Jounin: Dog! (immediate answer)

Nakada: Oi, that's where we should answer 'rabbit'! (laughs)

All: Hahahahahahaha!

Yokoo: If we're going for rare pets, maybe a snake? There are people who likes snakes, right...

Yamazaki: Hahaha. (laughs) Then, how about a cat?

Jounin: Sounds nice. I'm fine with dog and cat, but if we're going for dog, I want either a Chihuahua or a Pomeranian!

Menjou: How about a Labarador?

Jounin: Retriever also sounds good!

Yokoo: I like Mameshiba better.

Yamazaki: Here comes a cute choice! Mameshiba is also nice, huh?

Kiyama: Speak of which, is there any of us here who actually keep a pet for himself?

Jounin: I'm keeping one in my family's house. I'm living alone now, but I'd like to take it to live with me there too.

Nakada: Tatuki can't properly take care of himself, but you want to take care of a dog? (laughs)

All: Hahahahahahaha!

Yamazaki: My, my, that was a very devastating attack.

Jounin: If you're going to say so far, then I'll make it clear myself. Yes, I can't! (laughs) Besides, I can't stay at home often, so it'll be such a pity for the dog.

Menjou: Keeping a pet seems difficult after all. Then, if one of us become a dog, who would be the most troublesome to take care of?

(Menjou, Yamazaki, Jounin, Kiyama and Yokoo all points out at Nakada.)

Nakada: Oi, stop it. (laughs) Don't show a sense of union only in times like this! (laughs)

Yokoo: If we're going to classify him as a breed, what kind of dog would Hiroki-kun be?

Kiyama: Right~. He's a dog who looks charming... but actually is a little ditzy? (laughs)

All: Hahahahahahaha!

Nakada: Oi, Ryuu! Really, stop it, would you? (laughs) My image would drop if it makes it into the book. (laughs)

Yamazaki: He's the type who, although he's always so noisy, when we take him to a dog race, he won't run at all. (laughs)

Kiyama: One who makes us feel like scolding him like, "Really, you, since we've come so far, you should at least run through the track!" (laughs)

Nakada: Hahahahahaha! I see, so that's how you guys view me. (laughs) Somehow it actually sounds fun, makes me want to really become a dog. (laughs)

No comments:

Post a Comment