Pinned

Translating Commission

Monday, June 19, 2017

Backstage Party ver. White cross talk (p.43~45)

From: Backstage Party Ver. WHITE

This is the translation of an 'interview' done in a TsukiSta's official fanbook, Backstage Party Ver. WHITE., which spreads from p.43~45.

Pardon for rigid English. Please don't re-post or re-translate without asking for permission.



6shot Cross Talk

The theme of the fanbook's photoshoot is 'living together'. And so we ask the members questions related to living together!


・ Do you fancy the idea of living with house mates?


Washio: For this photoshoot, the theme is 'living together', but what does living together with house mates actually feel like?

Doi: I'm not really interested, I guess...

Washio: We're ending the talk already!? (laughs)

Doi: No, I don't mean it like that. (laughs) Actually, back when I just came to Tokyo, I did live with house mates. And it was a 2LDK* apartment occupied by about 10 persons. (* apartment that has 2 bedrooms, a living room, a dining room, and a kitchen.)

Others: Eh...??

Washio: Doesn't that means everyone only has about 1 tatami for a personal corner?

Doi: Ah, yeah, that's about right. Because I wasn't sure in what kind of place should I live when I just came to Tokyo, I ended up choosing to live in a share house. Though I moved out after a few months.

Tomotsune: No wonder you got traumatized. Yoshibou* also had an experience of living with house mates, right? (* Tomotsune's nickname for Tani)

Tani: Yeah, with 4 others. But everyone were acquaintances with each other, and each of us has a room for ourselves. We split the rent fee between the 5 of us, so it was a pretty comfortable environment to live in.

Sasa: Don't you have fights while living together?

Tani: There was nothing like that! We had a spacious living room that we used together, but we mostly use it when we have friends coming over and, like, holding nabe party. Other than that, we mostly spend times in our own room. Besides, the good thing about living together is that, if it's suddenly raining down, the ones who happen to be at home will take the laundries in for us. Also, they'll also accept things like packages in our place, so it was pretty convenient!

Washio: Is there anyone else who has experience with it?

Satou: I once lived together with a friend in a 6 tatami 1K*. (* apartment that only has 1 room used as bedroom + living room + dining room altogether, and the kitchen is usually situated just right after the entrance)

Tomotsune: Sure sounds like heaven when compared to Doi-chan's. (laughs)

Sasa: But still, it's not all that spacious, huh?

Satou: He was a friend that I knew for so long, so it wasn't like we didn't get along well. But it was then that I learn everyone has their own perspective about level of cleanliness. (laughs) Even though he said "it's clean enough, isn't it?" but to me it was, "No, I can't stand it".

Washio: I see. It would be nice if it's like Tsukino Dorm, but in actuality it's pretty difficult to chance upon.

Tomotsune: But, in the first place, in the end isn't the length of the period of living together also plays an important factor? After one or two years passed, won't you come to think "I prefer living alone better, after all!"?

Doi: Yeah, that'll surely happen.

Tani: But I think I won't mind as long as I have a room of my own.

Tomotsune: For real!? I think I don't like the idea of living with someone else itself. I used to admire the idea of living in dorms, but now, I think even if I were to try enduring it, I would only last for about 3 months.

Doi: Endure, you say... it's not punishment games. (laughs) But, well, if I don't know when it'll end, it sure sounds like even the smallest problem can stress me out.

Tomotsune: See?

Sasa: How long will be fine with you?

Tomotsune: Well... 4 days, at most!

Washio: 4 days!? That's extremely short. (laughs)

Satou: But, just taking things into a new room takes about 1 day, right? After that it takes another day to tidy up the place so you can live in it. Then, if you think that it'll take a whole day to pack up things to get ready to move out, you only get to live in that place for a day, you know?

Washio: Yuuki-kun, that's nothing but a holiday trip!! (laughs)

・ Let's think up rules and distribution of roles while living together!


Tomotsune: Make sure to keep your feet clean! I can't really forgive people with smelly legs.

Tani: Everyone must line up their shoes properly. Seeing shoes scattered about in the entrance the moment you opened the door when returning home, doesn't it makes you feel down?

Sasa: As I'm the youngest, should I be in charge of cleaning up the place?

Washio: No, since there are 6 of us here, how about we just pull lotteries in the morning to decide the ones in charge of things on that day?

Sasa: That sure sounds fun!

Doi: Since doing those things should have nothing to do with seniority.

Tomotsune: And it might be nice to decide from the very start that in weekdays we do household chores, but will do nothing on weekends.

Washio: Also, I want to place a white board in the common room. So everyone can write down when they should wake up in the next morning there.

Satou: What for?

Washio: If we do that, people who have to wake up at about the same time can wake each other up, right? And also, we can know if there are those who wants to be woken up later, so we won't have to wake them up.

Others: I see...!

Satou: We can also know how many people will eat when we have to make breakfast.

Tomotsune: You're right. We can save food expense that way.

Sasa: That's right. What should we do about the living expense?

Doi: 90% will be covered by Yuuki-kun, and we pay for the rest of the 10%.

Tomotsune: Oo, you're saying that for real!? (laughs)

Tani: Because we're the ones getting feed. (laughs)

Tomotsune: Then I don't have to clean up or pull lotteries together with everyone, right? (laughs)

Sasa: You're right. (laughs)

Tomotsune: I'll always just ask someone else to cook for me.

Tani: I can do that. I'm confident in my cooking skill.

Washio: Since you're learning how to cook to raise affections, right?

Tani: That's not the reason! (laughs)

Washio: Yuusaku will be in charge for the dessert.

Satou: Un, I can do that!

Doi: I can make dashimaki*. (* dashimaki tamago)

Tomotsune: I know good restaurants.

Sasa: That's not eating at home. (laughs)

Doi: But that might be helpful. (laughs)

Satou: Also, I can make stew dishes.

Others: Oh, that's nice!

Sasa: I... can't really do household chores, but in exchange I'll recommend intresting anime shows. (laughs) Everyone can also borrow any manga from my room.

Tomotsune: That's the best!

Washio: I'll be the do-it-yourselfer.

Tani: That's nice!

Sasa: It'll be very helpful to have a do-it-yourselfer around.

Tani: I want to do gardening too. How about Doi-chan?

Doi: Me? I'll... be outside.

Tani: No. That's just weird. (laughs)

Doi: (laughs) But I actually has a chef license, and I'm also pretty good at making Chinese dish.

Washio: That's great! Then I'll make a Chinese rotating table.

Others: Oo! (applauses)

Tani: Okay! Then I'll grow flowers to decorate the table. Then, (to Tomotsune) you'll be in charge of the beers, right? (laughs)

Tomotsune: Un, I'll watch everyone working while drinking. (laughs)

Sasa: That's a leader's important task after all! (laughs)

Tomotsune: Beside, I know good Chinese restaurants.

Tani: Enough with the restaurants! Everyone were saying that they'll do the cooking! (laughs)

・ Does it seems like everyone's lifestyle rhythm matches each other?


Tomotsune: I'm completely nocturnal. If I don't have anything to do in the next day, I can stay up until 6 AM.

Washio: Looking at it in another perspective, that can also means you're a morning person. (laughs)

Tani: I'm not really nocturnal, but it took a long time before I can function properly. If I wake up in the noon, I can only start moving well at around 9 PM. (laughs)

Tomotsune: So slow! Then isn't it the same as spending most of the day sleeping?

Tani: You're right. (laughs) That's why, just when I'm feeling all energetic, everyone had started going back home, so I can't help but staying home alone, watching films in the internet. (laughs)

Satou: I also often staying up until 3 AM. After all, that's the most we can do after we came home and take a bath, right?

Tomotsune: That sure is the case on normal days. But I try to sleep at 11 PM on days I have to perform on stage.

Sasa: That's pretty early. Feels like a well-regulated lifestyle.

Washio: But that's only when you have performances, right? Usually every night you would drink a whole bottle of sake. (laughs)

Tomotsune: Yeah, just like a pirate. (laughs)

Tani: A pirate doesn't drink just a bottle, but a whole barrel. (laughs)

Doi: But, you're right, our lifestyle rhythm changes while having performances.

Satou: Since unlike during practice days where the finish time changes every day, we can return home at the same time every day.

Tani: On practice days, usually I would practice alone after returning home, so I ended up getting to bed on different times every day.

Tomotsune: Is that so? So Yoshibou read scripts at home too. I definitely won't read scripts at home.

Tani: I'm actually envious of people who can do that. I would feel too anxious to sleep if I don't go over my lines at home. My scripts would even get drenched.

Washio: ... Eh? Why?

Tani: Ah, that's because I read it while soaking in the bath.

Tomotsune: Ah, so it's about that. I thought the script got drenched because of sweats from your palms. (laughs)

Sasa: I was thinking the same thing. (laughs) I thought that you might be having such a rough practices at home. (laughs)

Washio: I'm also the type that doesn't feel like doing anything related to work while at home.

Doi: I'm part of the ones who read scripts at home. How about Yuusaku-kun?

Satou: I'm reading too. But I can't really concentrate at home. So I would go out to remember my lines.

Washio: No, no. That doesn't count 'at home', right? You're doing your work outside, so you're the same as me. (laughs)

Satou: Eh? Why? It's not the same. Since I'm not doing it in the practice studio, right!?

Washio: That's not it. I also can't concentrate at home, so I would go out to do it. (laughs)

Satou: Okay, then we're the same! (laughs)

Sasa: So even if the 6 of us lives together, it seems we won't practice together after coming home.

Tomotsune: I guess I won't~ If I'm going to do it, I'll go somewhere else and practice alone. But, I'm sure that Shuuto will get asked by Yoshibou, "Help me practicing my lines, please?" (laughs)

Washio: Un, definitely. Though I'll run away from him for sure!

Tani: I'll stubbornly chase after you, asking, "How was the move for that part again?"

Washio: I'll definitely lock my room. (laughs)

Tani: I'll definitely knock your door until you'll open it. (laughs)

Tomotsune: See? Precisely because something like this can happen, I don't feel like having house mates. (strained laugh)

・ What too chose for a pet that you'll all keep together?


Sasa: I definitely like cats better!

Tomotsune: Then I won't be able to live with Sasa. I have cat allergy.

Satou: So it's not because you hate it?

Tomotsune: I actually love them. But my face would immediately swell up if I touch it.

Washio: I also don't want to have a cat. It won't open up to me.

Tani: Then just get one that can open up to you.

Tomotsune: In the first place, I don't want to keep a pet. I can't stand the action of keeping something with a life as a pet.

Doi: Then how about a turtle?

Tomotsune: It has a life! (laughs)

Washio: How about a Tani?

Tani: I'm not a pet. (laughs) Besides, I totally have a life!

Everyone: Hahahahahahaha!

Tani: Ah, how about a frog?

Sasa: Agreed! You'll feel really healed!

Tani: Or we can have killifishes. They can multiply quickly.

Washio: Doesn't tropical fishes sounds nice to have?

Tani: No! Since we already have the killifishes!

Washio: Why are you stopping me? (laughs) Keeping fishes in aquarium sounds like it'll heal us. What would you rather have, Yuusaku?

Satou: I also don't feel like keeping one. Though I don't mind if it's a puppy that definitely won't grow larger.

Doi: Maybe we should just go ahead and keep something rare. Like owl.

Tani: That's nice! Owls sure sounds nice to have!

Doi: Though it seems that we'll have to spend a large sum to feed it.

Tomotsune: It's a bird of prey, after all. Do you even know what owl eats? It eats mouses, you know?

Doi: Hm~ that'll be difficult. Can owl eat something else? For example...

Tomotsune: Yoshibou's frog?

Tani: Eh? That one!? (laughs) Are we keeping frogs to feed the owl? I won't let that happen!

Tomotsune: ... speak of, now don't you agree that it would be difficult for the 6 of us to live together? (laughs)

Others: (silently nods in agreement)

No comments:

Post a Comment