Pinned

Translating Commission

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Backstage Party ver. White cross talk (p.66~70)

From: Backstage Party Ver. WHITE

This is the translation of an 'interview' done in a TsukiSta's official fanbook, Backstage Party Ver. WHITE., which spreads from p.66~70.

Pardon for rigid English. Please don't re-post or re-translate without asking for permission.



6shot Cross Talk

We're having the members recall the moments in 2016, which they ran through with full force.


・ Each of their first impression


Tomotsune: Actually, nothing have changed from the way it was before, right? In the first place, Doi-chan and I were acquainted already, Shuuto and Yoshibou also have known each other since before, right?

Washio: Un. We've performed together several times.

Doi: The first time I met Yoshiki, he looked stern, as if he isn't the type who can take jokes well.

Tani: For real!? Did I have that kind of image when we first met?

Satou: I think I can understand that. During our first clothes fitting session, I happened to be together with Taniyan, and I wondered if he's a scary person. You had a long hair back then, right? One of your eyes were hidden by your bangs, and I thought, "So this someone who looks like Gegege no Kitaro is also fellow member, huh..." (laughs)

Doi: Though after you talk with him, you can immediately tell that he's a funny and kind person.

Sasa: I felt the most nervous when I met Doi-san for the first time. A little before we work together as Procellarum, I went to watch a friend performing and Doi-san also performed in it. After that, I went to the dressing room to greet my friend. And it was then when I met Doi-san, wearing all-black, and since he's also pretty tall, the pressure was so great. (laughs)

Tani: For me, I was actually more nervous when I had to face the two younger ones (Satou and Sasa). Up until then, in most of the stages I participated in I happened to be the youngest out of all the cast and have myself get spoiled by the seniors, so I wasn't sure how am I supposed to interact with these two.

Sasa: I didn't know that we were causing you such trouble. (laughs) For Yuusaku-san and I, it was our first time meeting all other five members, right?

Satou: Un. That's why, I thought that I should start by opening up to my nenshou-gumi partner. (laughs)

Sasa: I was quite shy myself, so I always stick to Yuusaku-san. (laughs)

Washio: (To Sasa) You could open up to Yuusaku right away?

Sasa: Back when I only knew him from his photos, I thought, "Uwah, he looks flashy!" (laughs) But when we finally met, I know that he's a calm one. I'm the only one who looked childish among all of us, so I thought that I shouldn't use my shyness as an excuse...

Satou: Also, we're a novice not only in dance, but also in pretty much everything, so before we try to befriend the others, we thought that we shouldn't be a bother to the people around us, and so at first we had our hands full with just trying to do that.

Tani: At that time, Doi-chan and Yuuki were performing in many stages, right? That's why, before meeting the two, I tried gathering information from my acquaintances who are also acquainted with you two. (laughs)

Tomotsune: Information on us!? (laughs) What did you learn from them?

Tani: They said that "both of them are funny, nice people". And it turned out that the two of you were really just like the image that I had in my head.

Tomotsune: That's good to hear. (laughs) Did I change when compared to before? Nothing changed, right?

Tani: You became softer. ... No, guess it's not really right to say that you became softer.

Doi: Maybe you meant that he became friendlier?

Tomotsune: That might be true. But, even if I try to recall it now, the 6 of us sure get united as a team pretty quickly.

Washio: You're right. We had to, since in about a month after we met, we had to perform together on stage.

Tani: Also, the actual age of the casts for nenchou, nenchuu, and nenshou are pretty close to each other, just like our roles, so it was pretty easy for us to build our relationships. Doi-chan is a year younger than Shuuto and I, but he's pretty collected.

Tomotsune: And another important factor is that in place of warming up, we would definitely started the practice with a dance. Everyone was doing the same thing, and it allowed us to observe each other's movements, so I really think that it was good that we decided to do the routine.

・ First Act, the first stage for the 6 of them!


Washio: My legs were trembling before we started with "ONE CHANCE?" on the first day. (laughs)

Tomotsune: It sure made us nervous, huh. But what's amazing was the cheers from the audience! It was far greater than what anyone would thought.

Sasa: We the nenshou-gumi were the first to taste that surprise.

Tomotsune: I see. Because you had to do the "Tsukiuta. Radio", you two came out on the stage earlier than us.

Sasa: That's right. We peeked our head out from behind the curtains, and just with that we received loud cheers.

Satou: Back then, I thought that something wrong happened. (laughs)

Sasa: It's understandable if they shout when seeing us dance, but to get cheered on just by showing up like that, I was like, "Eh? What's happening here?" (laughs)

Tani: The etiquette in normal stages is to watch in silence, but for "Tsukiuta.", they can cheer for us as loud as they want. And because of that, everyone sure gets into the mood!

Washio: They were welcoming us warmly, huh.

Tomotsune: It felt like we were helped by and grew up thanks to their cheer. Ah, about the talk from before, I was a little wrong. I made an appearance in Gravi (Six Gravity)'s stage held the day before, so I was showered by cheers earlier than you guys.

Doi: That's right! Gravi started a day earlier than us, so Yuuki first appeared there.

Tani: You made your first appearance as Procellarum's Shun in the other (Gravi)'s stage. (laughs)

Tomotsune: I was alone. So I felt a little lonely~! It was also my first time experiencing what it feels like to be an idol! (laughs)

Tani: I thought that "I would get addicted in being an idol!" It wasn't something that we can feel often after all, getting showered by loud cheers like that.

Washio: You're right. At first I was so nervous while waiting the curtains to raise, and I was also worried about how the audience would think about us, but the moment I heard their cheers, I thought, "I'm glad I'm doing this!"

Sasa: Speak of which, I gained male fans because I participated in "TsukiSta."

Others: Hee~~!

Sasa: I felt so glad when they say, "I'm watching 'TsukiSta.'. I'm rooting for you!!"!

Tomotsune: The number of my children fans also increased.

Doi: Eh? By children, you mean about the age of elementary schoolers?

Tomotsune: Yeah. It seems they came to watch with their mother and became my fans thanks to that.

Satou: Knowing that a wide range of people came to watch us sure makes us feel even happier!

・ The Second Act, "Yumemigusa", that the twelve created


Tomotsune: To be able to experience practicing and performing together with Gravi sure feels impressive.

Tani: As we watch their dance, we also often came to think, "That's nice~ so cool~" and the likes.

Tomotsune: We also exchanged compliments like, "Kuro*'s outfits looks cool" "Nah, shiro*'s also looks awesome!" (* Gravi and Procella; referring to the unit's color)

Washio: Right, right. (laughs) Like that, it feels that our relationship with Gravi is that of friends that provoke each other, in a good way.

Sasa: We certainly were trying to diligently applying ourselves together during practices. 12 persons practicing altogether also feels kind of refreshing.

Tomotsune: It's just that (Menjou) Kentarou is...

Satou: Did something happen?

Tomotsune: If I were to throw in many ad-libs, he would keep digressing... (strained laughs)

Washio: That can't be helped~ Gravi members don't have immunity against Yuuki-kun's ad-libs. (laughs)

Tani: We're already used to it because you're always like that.

Tomotsune: After we're done with the run-through, he speak to me as Hajime, "Shun, really, stop doing something like that" Ever since that, I was like, "If Hajime says so..." and decided to restrain myself. It's for Hajime LOVE, after all! (laughs)

All: Hahahahahahaha!

Washio: To me, it's interesting how the way all 12 of us trying to concentrate before starting practices are different.

Tani: Even so, although everyone do whatever they want, it doesn't mean that we're not united.

Doi: That means everyone is heading toward the same direction. The atmosphere was really nice.

Sasa: I also feel greatly motivated during the Second Act. The characters of Gravi and Procella's nenshou-gumi are pretty much the opposite of each other, just like the concept of stillness and motion, so I was able to feel it myself, "So this is how it feels to mix the four characteristics!?", and it was so fun.

Tomotsune: I believe that Gravi members also feel pretty stimulated when seeing our practices. Us Procella were referred as "military troop", because even though it felt like a normal practice for us, I can tell that the 6 members of Gravi were so surprised and was like, "You went that far for practice?"

Doi: Seeing our practice, Gravi then would be triggered and start practicing too, but then seeing them, we also came to think "We can't lose to them" and began our own practice too. (laughs)

Satou: You're right. (laughs) But I think precisely because that happened, us twelve were able to carry on with the Second Act.

Tani: "Yumemigusa" as a work itself is packed full with elements of entertainment, and I feel that because the twelve of us do it together that it was able to feel even more voluminous.

Washio: I was so touched to learn that if us twelve work together, we could create something so grand like that.

Satou: We were able to feel all lover again, about the good parts of each group and how amazing us twelve are together.

Tomotsune: Also, we got the chance to dance as back dancers for Gravi, right? I'm glad that we could dance together, and had a rigorous practice together to achieve it. I feel that I were able to grow even if just a little by experiencing new things one by one.

・ The compilation of the whole 2016, "LUNATIC LIVE"


Washio: "LunaLi" was another performance that put the strength of our unity to test. It was difficult for everyone to match their schedule for practices, so it was more often that we had to practice alone or by just a few people, but by concentrating what each of us created and put it on show on the stage, I feel that I was shown us twelve's potential.

Doi: Everyone was desperate after all. But, I wouldn't be able to forget the greatness of the cheers that we received and the spectacle view of the fans watching us in that performance. After all, I don't think there are that many people who can perform in a place as large as Pacifico Yokohama. It was also the first time for Tsubasa, right?

Sasa: It sure was my first time to stand there as a main cast, but I didn't feel weirded out or nervous. There were so many people, and it felt like a town was laid out before my eyes. (laughs)

Tomotsune: I get what you're meaning to say. (laughs) That sensation sure felt otherworldly.

Sasa: Besides, it might be because I practiced together with Yuusaku-san a lot, that I was able to get rid of my insecurity. It's just that, the two nenshou-gumi from Gravi are really good at dancing, so it was pretty difficult for us to dance as their back dancers. (laughs)

Satou: That's right. But thanks because the thought that we should make their performance look better, we were also able to have great growth.

Sasa: Also, I was glad that I was able to sing "Tsuki no Uta."! The fans were also happy with it.

Satou: What's amazing about it was that the full version of that sing is have yet to be revealed to the public, so the only ones who were able to hear the full version were the people who came to watch "TsukiSta."

Tani: The anime only played the first half after all.

Doi: That sure is amazing, isn't it? To have an anime song unveiled during a stage performance.

Tani: Furthermore, even though it was yet to be released as a CD, it managed to enter the popularity ranking in anime song categories. It sure is loved by many.

Tomotsune: It's a great song after all. I also love it so much that I often played it out at home.

Washio: Speaking of songs, by having many composers making songs that suits the image of each character, none of the songs turned out resembling one another, right? That part is also amazing. Usually, if you have 12 characters together, at least some would be similar with each other.

Tomotsune: That's because the concept of the production is a wonderful one!

Tani: As expected of the leader! He casually said a good thing as a finisher! (laughs)

・ Dreams that would like to be accomplished and next targets as Procella


Tomotsune: I think that the current "TsukiSta." has its skeleton growing bigger and bigger, but still has no sinews attached. That's why, if even just one of us try to sit cross-legged, the whole thing will crumble. So that won't happen, we shouldn't be satisfied with our current condition and moving on carefully at all times.

Doi: You're right. Besides, everyone have works other than as Procella, so I feel that from now on is the time where we can't just stand together, but we must take the experiences we earned in other places as feedbacks for ourselves. Also, personally, because there are also many foreign fans who cheer for us, I'd like to be able to convey our feelings of gratitude to them too.

Washio: What do you have in mind, specifically?

Doi: I haven't started it, but I'm thinking that I'll begin by studying some Taiwanese words.

Tani: As for me, I'm filled with feelings of gratitude for being able to do the Third Act. But, I'd like to not think of it as a matter of course, so I can do my best to show the audience something even better. After all, there aren't that many gatherings of contents that got so loved by fans, and loved by the casts and staffs from the depth of their hearts, right? I think that it's just like a miracle.

Satou: In 2016, I met all of you for the first time, and ever since then, we've passed many unsparing walls together. We were able to built our trust with each other that way. I want to create something that can answer to the fans' expectations while treasuring our teamwork.

Washio: We can really feel that all our efforts so far are related to the result we currently have. That's precisely why, from now on too we have to challenge things with 120% of the strength we have.

Sasa: I experienced a complete change in my lifestyle since participating in this work, and so I really consider it as a work that changed my life, thus I'd like to make our fans happy as a thanks for helping me grow!

Tani: Also, we definitely should realize our target to perform internationally!

Washio: Just like what Doi-san said, the number of fans who came from overseas have increased. As a proof, the enthusiasm we received when Taniyan, Doi-san, and I received when we went to Taiwan were superb.

Satou: How was it?

Washio: About 200 people came, but the passionate cheers felt as if 500 had came.

Satou: Eh~ I'd like to experience that too! There's no choice but to do perform internationally huh! (laughs)

Tomotsune: That sounds nice. We finally going to advance to Hollywood. (laughs)

Sasa: Not Broadway, huh? (laughs)

Doi: No, before that happens we first have to do a tour throughout the whole country!

Tomotsune: That also sounds nice! Hokkaido is a must.

Tani: I'd like to go to Okinawa too. And Fukuoka too!

Tomotsune: Let's just go to all 47 prefectures and try out all of the local specialties.

Satou: It'll turn out into a gourmet tour. (laughs)

Tomotsune: That'll be part of the agenda. (laughs) If the whole country's delicacies become our driving force, don't you think we'll be able to create the greatest stage, rich in regional flavour?

Doi: He'd just said something good~! (laughs)

Satou: I agree with this plan! (laughs)

Doi & Washio & Tani & Sasa: Me too!

Tomotsune: Geez, in the end everyone is just a glutton! (laughs)

No comments:

Post a Comment